Everyone successfully made it to North Carolina without any major hitches. Although Matt and Gail may disagree. The drive was long to say the least. They covered 3000 miles in 3.5 days. Unfortunately the truck maxed out at 55 and until they got into Texas they are barely hitting 50. So instead of the 40 hour trip they planned on it was more than 55 hours. Yuck. I'm so glad that Gail was able to go with Matt. It is different here. Not necessarily in a bad way just different.
1. We are the only couple in our ward that isn't ether active military or retired. I'm glad that is the case. So many of the wives are left alone with their families to for up to 2 years. There will me be many opportunities to serve other girls in our ward as their husbands are away.
2. Everyone parks on their lawns. It is so bizarre to me. It isn't just a few not so nice areas that do this but everyone. It really is no big deal.
3. The accent. You can tell the locals from the implants by it. However, when Matt gets around people at work he claims he starts talking in an accent too. Funny!! I can't wait to hear that.
I'll post pictures when I get them.
I'm glad you guys are settling in!
ReplyDelete