I made sure to get pictures. After I lost a friend a couple years ago it occurred to me that I had no pictures of her. We get caught up taking pictures of the kids and forget to take them of "our" friends. I want to be able to remember these awesome ladies who made leaving North Carolina so difficult.
The hardest part of it all was saying good bye to the Popes. Ohh how we love that family. Karen and I became best friends three years ago as did our husbands. My kids refer to them as Papa Pope and Aunt Karen but really they were more like grandparents (because they spoil my girls). They are the type of friends you can never replace. I saved saying good bye to her for last. Karen wouldn't even make eye contact with me as I hugged everyone else. Once I gave her a hug it was all over the tears came harder and sobbing started. Even the next day when Randy text us as we left Fayetteville I cried. They are amazing people.
When we left the Carey's Matt just held me by the car as I cried. Keeley asked "why are you sad Mommy?" and had to try once again to explain that I was going to miss Aunt Karen and all of our friends.
As we left NC for the last time (until the house sells) Matt and I talked about what we would and wouldn't miss about Fayetteville/Hope Mills.
What we WON'T miss is. 110 degrees plus humidity. People parking in their front yards. Trailers next to million dollar houses. Those "special people" you find in Wal-Mart only in Fayetteville. No sidewalks. No bike lanes. Collards.
What we WILL miss is the people. The Popes. Our friends (all of them, and there are a lot). Our NC "family" that we spent holidays and Sundays with. Our ward ( I also cried when I said goodbye to our sweet bishop). Living close to Matt Parents. Seeing the soldiers, hearing their stories, loving their families and gaining a great love for our country that we had never before experienced.
How did you get so lucky as to leave this state? I am so jealous. Have fun living near your family again.
ReplyDeleteOkay I am crying again!!!! We miss you guys but hope you are happy. Don't forget missing Sonic- do they have that in Idaho????
ReplyDeleteOkay I am crying again!!!! We miss you guys but hope you are happy. Don't forget missing Sonic- do they have that in Idaho????
ReplyDeleteMeg seeing your pictures made me so sad too! I miss you tons! Good luck you are in my prayers!!
ReplyDeleteHi lady! I've been bad at keeping in touch with my friends - I didn't know you were moving - did Matt get a new job? Well, I miss your face and hope you're doing well. You had said you wanted an invite to my blog (that I never keep up on....yikes!). Facebook me your email and I'll add ya.
ReplyDeleteHey! So you're back in IF now? Next time I come home (around March) I would LOVE to see you! PS you are lookin fabulous, girl!
ReplyDeleteI am so sad I didn't get to say good bye to you before you left and to get that bag out of your car!!!! I am so sorry about that and if you left it with someone I can totally pick it up and won't forget this time! hahahahahaha I am glad that all is well with you and your family and that you were able to find out about Brinley! Who knows maybe we will see you in Idaho, some day! : )
ReplyDelete