4th of July
Keeley got sick after our flight home from Philly. She ran a 105 fever for 5 days. We had her to the ER, the doctors 3 times and nobody could/would do anything for my very ill baby. I held her all day and all night and the poor little thing would just moan in my arms. For the fourth of July we spent our time with Mark and Gail who came up for a visit. We took turns trying to get Keeley to drink. And every evening contemplating whether we should take her back into the ER. Keeley weighed that same as she did at nine months when the week was over.
Her fever finally broke and with it came a rash. One doctor had even seen when she was still feverish and didn't recognize it as Roseola. Other doctors had looked at her said, chicken pox, small pox and a variety of other not fun disease. In the end it really was Roseola. Anyway, not an exciting time for us, but I was exhausted.
Trip to Idaho
Just as Keeley's rash was clearing up we headed to Idaho for Sean and Ashleigh's wedding. The trip was long but Keeley really was a trooper given the circumstances. We left at 4 in the morning and arrived at 2pm into Salt Lake then took a 3.5 hour drive home. As soon as we arrived we quickly changed and Keeley and I loaded up with all the other women to go to Ashleigh's bridal shower. The food was divine and as I sat on deck talking to the other women I heard my daughter start screaming. I had been watching her play with a stick on the deck just feet from me. She apparently stuck that stick into a wasp nest hidden underneath the deck. Keeley received 6 stings within seconds. Her arms were swelling all the way to her shoulders with in 5 minutes. Obviously I didn't bring any benadryl so our dear friend Jen runs out the front door and starts screaming down the street for anyone who has baby benadryl. Fortunately she found some one. We gave Keeley a dose then headed to the ER with a pediatric nurse in tow. Matt meet us there and by then I had her almost calmed down. By the time the doctor saw us the swelling was almost gone. Thank goodness it wasn't any worse. I just got the bills for the eventful night. It is unbelievable what they charge you to wait in their waiting rooms.
The Wedding
This truly deserves a post unto itself but because I don't have any pictures (sean and ash, we are hoping to receive them soon!!wink wink) this will have to do for now. It was a great weekend all together. Everything worked out wonderful the weather was perfect and Ash looked amazing. The only pics I have are of Keeley but she is pretty darn cute too. Keeley is with Dakota who was the flower girl and is my not exactly related niece. But we call them family.


Downhill Biking
My one request was to get to the Mountains while I was in Idaho. Everybody gave up a weekend to indulge my request. Mom kept Keeley for an entire day while Sean, Ash, Simon (Matt's brother who was going to school at BYU-Idaho), Dad and I headed to Targhee. For an arm jolting day of downhill biking. I had such a great time. I am truly my happiest in those mountains. Here is Simon, Dad, Sean and I on our venture down.
I might add Dad and I were the only two to survive the day with out any blood drawn. Usually we are the ones launching over a mountain somewhere. Plus I finally mastered hair pin tuns with steep grade. I only came off 1 time all day.
Boise
After almost 3 weeks in Idaho Falls I meet up with my sister in Law, and best friend, Mackenzie to stay with her parents in Boise. Wow that was a mouth full. Boise is my old romping ground. I attended college there for 2.5 years before I transferred to BYU-Idaho. SO I was excited to go back and see it again. We had a fun filled week. We make tutus and hair bows. We went to the splash park. Kenz and I always have a great time together and it was a lot of fun to have Wilma, her mom, with us on this adventure.
This is taken just seconds before Keely runs square into the pole. It was my fault I asked a 2 year old to help her go through. My bad.
Keeley, Me, Kez, and Hailee. I'm glad we got this picture.
Me and My Girl.
Well ain't it about time! I don't see a picture of you biking, but maybe there was supposed to be one!? Looks like your vacation was great, but we are so glad to have you back!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun and crazy month. Spencer had a super-high fever too for like 5 days when he was about 9 months. It turned out to be Rosela too- but I was pretty scared and annoyed that the doctors didn't seem to care about my suffering baby! I'm glad she's doing better now. It was fun to see you guys at the reunion!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a month. I hate seeing my sick babies, so I know that that must have been a very hard month. It is almost as hard to see the bills. I hope she is doing well now. No catastrophes lately.
ReplyDeleteIt is so scary having a sick baby. I'm glad she is doing better. It sounds like you had a lot of fun in Idaho....I can't believe you came all the way to Boise, were here for a week and we didn't do anything!!! That's the same splash park we go to all the time. I really wish you would have given us a call. We could have made something work. I would have loved to see Mackenzie too. I know Austin would have loved playing with Nathan. Well, maybe next time.
ReplyDelete