So, after my last post of desperation things have gotten so much better. Here is the story. . .
A day after my last post I headed to a play group with some girls in our ward. After I left I went to the store. Matt had been telling everyone that our fridge was as bare as his college fridge. So feeling guilty I made it a point to finally get some food. By the time I got to the store Keeley had woke up and started to fuss. With in minutes we were to a full bore scream that continued the entire hour I was at the store. Without exaggeration over 20 people offered help and consolation (which actually just slowed me down and didn't help, but I guess it is suppose to be the thought that counts). I got to the check out stand and couldn't find my wallet. Yep I had left it at home on the counter. I called Matt at least 10 times but he was out of service and Keeley continued to scream. Finally someone who works at the store approached and offered help. I told her I was going to have to go and asked is she wouldn't mind putting away my perishables. I felt so guilty but I was nearly in tears (I held out until I got to the car and could call my Mom).
So that experience did it for me and the remainder of the evening Keeley screamed which did it for Matt. I called the doctor in the morning and we headed back in for what is becoming our weekly appointment. He did the typical once over as we pleaded with him for help. When they weighed her she had lost an ounce in the past week. He finally suggested switching her to Nutramigen formula.
So, long story short. We did it and things have been the difference of night and day since. She is happy pleasant and the baby I thought she should be. She is eating again and sleeping. I think that stuff works miracles. Too bad it is so expensive, nearly double the price of regular formula. Whatever the price it is worth it. Thanks everyone for all your comments we are using most of them to get all the help we can.
Wow. I wish I could help. I'm glad you guys found what seems to be the solution! I heard that stuff is super expensive, but like you said the price is worth it. A happy baby makes life so much easier!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things have gotten better!
ReplyDeleteYour previous posts of Keeley really put my "baby fever" into high- gear. But then I read the one about her Colic- and the fever was gone!
But I'm happy that your happy, and you have such a great family!! Where are you guys at now anyways?
Oh Meg I feel for you! Noah was such a colicy baby. Holy Cow, I remember it like it was yesterday. I thought I was going to lose it! I remember shopping experiences JUST like the one you described. I felt like all these people thought I wasn't fit to be a mom because my baby was screaming the whole time. Don't worry,..it's not just you. My only MAJOR piece of advice would be to hang in there. When Noah hit 4 months it disappeared. He seemed like a totally different child. Oh,...I just remembered,...get GRIPE WATER by baby bliss. It worked miracles,...even if to just splash it on his binky and get him to stop fussing for a second (long enough to check out in the check out line). Brad and I called it Noah's "Happy Juice". People probably thought we drugged our child but heck,...who cares! ;) Call me if you need a few other little pointers. Sounds like you are an amazing mom. She'll thank you for it someday! ;) -Shelley
ReplyDeleteP.S. Seriously,...CALL ME.
I'm so glad things are getting better. And you know, Brad wasn't on the Nutramigen forever. Eventually his little tummy matured and he went back to plain formula.
ReplyDelete