Myrtle Beach Marathon
So previously I had said that we were going to run the Kiawah Half Marathon but we tried to register and it was already full. So, we made a few adjustments and here is our official race plans (because I already registered). November 15, Richmond 8K and on February 14 the Myrtle Beach BiLo Marathon. Yes, a full 26.2 miles. Mark, Matt's dad, will be running with us for both races. He is definitely in better shape than either of us but I hope that as Matt and I age we will continue to have the same drive he does. I'm excited and nervous. Registering makes everything so real. Considering that I'm thrilled with myself today for running(really it is more like slogging, a very slow form of jogging and walking) just 3 little miles tells you how far I have left to go!
Allergies
So apparently September is the season for allergies here in North Carolina. Keeley and I both got a good case just over the weekend. I can deal with it but poor little Keeley. We even have her bed on an incline so that it drains the fluid out better. Her nose just won' t stop, plus she is sneezing, coughing and has itchy eyes. She is trying so hard to be good still but we have had a few restless night. I hope it ends soon! Any suggestions for allergies for a 14 week old? (Rebecca?)
Church News
So, it happened . . .a few weeks back Matt and I were both extended callings. I'm back in primary (this doesn't surprise me) with the exact same age group as I had in California. The class is the CTR 5 class which is the 5-6 year olds. Except this time rather than four to six kids each week I have 9-12. They are good kids and if I'm in primary this is definitely the age I like to have. They say funny things all the time which makes it all worth it (i.e my grandma has butt sores). Also, Matt was called to be the Scout Assistant. I think that it is a wonderful calling. One that I would love, if I could be a scout master. Ohh well I'll just settle for a scout masters wife! Also, we are giving talks next weekend. The usual welcome to a ward, your turn to give a talk deal. At least Gail will be in town to help take care of Keeley while we are on the stand.
Wow. Good luck working out for that marathon. If I could make it slogging (great word by the way) for 3 miles I would try and go with you.
ReplyDeleteTalks? How fun (for you)! I was just gonna ask who was going to help with Keeley, but then you answered my question.
Allergies huh? Really all you can do for a baby, unless it gets really bad, is keep her on the incline, suck out her nose, and use saline. I hope she gets over it quick and that this is the only glimpse of allergies you guys get. They stink!
What a long comment.
I hate seeing such little babies suffer that way. Rebecca gave some good advice. Another temporary relief is that vaporizer bubble bath, that can help sometimes.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the 8K. Very admirable of you to be doing these races.
Can't wait to hear the talks.
Hey meg,
ReplyDeletecute background. Yuck with the allergies. Talk to your doctor, just call him and ask him, but with Austin one doctor told me that if I needed to I could give him benedryl when he was little, but I don't remember how little - little was. So just call him(or her), ask if there is anything over the counter that you can give your 3mth old for allergies. They will probably just take a message and then the doctor or nurse will call you back but you can still get good info without the hassle of going in for an app.
Good luck with your talks and callings. Devon just got called to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher LOL, he only has to do it once a month though. I don't have a calling yet...but the bishop talked to me last sunday and told me they were thinking of me YIKES. I Just REALLY hope they don't put me in Nursury.