Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fruits and Veggies

This week we ventured to two berry patches. The first was for strawberries. The kids loved to pick them.

It didn't take Keeley long to figure out that they were edible and then there was no keeping them out of her hands.



The second was to get blueberries. Although there was no picking involved we have enjoyed the having fresh bluberries in our house. The will make for some great smoothies this summer!

We are finally getting some goodies from the garden!!!

we have butternut squash by the dozens, tomatoes
(if i beat the birds to the red ones), crockneck squash, zuccinni, cubcumber, bell peppers, green onions, lettuce, and cantalope(although they are still a little small).

Ohh It is going to be a delicious summer!

8 comments:

  1. Where did you go for the blueberries? I wanted to get some for the summer too. Don't get me started on your veggies from your own garden they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your garden must be doing great! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big she is getting. What a sweetie. So you need to give me your email so I can send you an invite to our blog.
    Deon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn. I wish I had a green thumb, and a yard! I am just jealous of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys! Great job on your garden! I love watching the plants grow, and especially harvesting the fruits! --Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, post a picture of YOUR garden! That's a beautiful bunch of veggies you've grown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW on the veggies, oh, veggies fresh from the garden are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow look how big keeley is getting. time flies by so fast! seems like you just had her yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We always love to hear from our friends and family