Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Asheville

We ventured to Asheville to take our first stab at Camping with a baby. We left Thursday evening and spent the first night in a hotel because of our late arrival. Saturday morning we hit up downtown Asheville. Keeley playing with the flowers in downtown.

I couldn't pick just one.

Then headed to Chimney Rock. Matt and Keeley in front of the Chimney Rock.

The Three of us on top of Chimney rock

Then we took a short hike with Riddle to a waterfall. In front of the falls colors at the waterfall.

Then we headed back down to find our campsite which was located just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was incredibly beautiful.
We passed this church on the way and Matt wanted to get a few pics.
Thanks to google we got lost. The directions took us to an entirely different location so fortunately my brother lives in front of a computer. He is a student at University of Idaho studying landscape architecture so he spends countless hours in a lab. HE finally got us pointed in the right direction and they rain started to fall. By the time we got to the camp site it was dark, foggy and very wet. The three of us in front of the fire, but what looks like smoke is actually fog!

Keeley did great even with the rain pounding on the tent all night and the frigid weather, she only woke up once. Keeley and Mom still in the tent in the morning. Don't we look nice!

It was me who threw in the towel when I thought about all of our soaking gear and trying to clean bottles with all the mud. So we packed up in the morning and made our last stop at the arboretum which was having a bonsai expo.

All in all it was a great trip. The fall color were beautiful and we are hoping to make it back sometime in the spring. Maybe without any rain I'll last for a few nights.

3 comments:

  1. You are adventurous. I would have thrown in the towel that first night, and stayed in the hotel the whole time. Keeley is lucky to have such fun parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brave. I thought taking Nate camping this summer while being pregnant was crazy but I think you are just a little more die hard than we are. What good memories you'll have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree with Allison. Not much of a camper over here. Your views seem very pretty though. I love the family picture atop Chimney Rock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We always love to hear from our friends and family