Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Results are In

We made it back from the race this weekend; barely but I'll explain later.

Matts Time: 41min
Marks Time 46 min
Megs Time: ohh, I didn't race.

I mentioned early that we have been sick. Well the sickness hasn't stopped. Friday night as we drove up to Richmond Keeley started throwing up. Not just a little bit but enough to soak her outfit, the car seat and still drip through the bottom of seat. We pulled over and changed her and just listened to her scream the rest of the way. By the time we got there Matt and I were just a little stressed out. When I put her to bed she started waking up every 30 min! This lasted until 1:30 before she woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. Seems how all four of us were sharing a room I didn't feel right about just letting her cry or about staying in the room while she fussed and giggled intermittently. So I hauled Keeley out to the car. It was pouring but warm so we watched the rain until 3:00. She continued to throw up a few more times and eventually feel asleep on my chest. I didn't want to wake her so we just slept (or mostly she slept, it wasn't very comfortable) in the car the rest the night. We had to be up at 5. So, with nothing more than an hour sleep and my cold moving to my chest over the night I decided it wouldn't be a good idea to run in the rain. So I watched! Just so you know I finally went to the doctor and they put me on medicine. He said that after you have had the cold for 5 days they will give you antibiotics (too bad I waited until day 13).

On a lighter note, Matt and Mark both had personal best runs. I was very excited for them and the weather cleared just 30 mins before the race start and it turned into a perfect running day. It was a very cool atmosphere and got me all jazzed for our next race, which is a story for another day.

The gang before the race.
Matt and Mark among the thousands of runners.

Matt crossing the finish line.
Medals after the race.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you missed your race, hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the sickness and missing the run. Great job Matt on a new person best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! Go Matt and Mark! Meg, you are an awesome mom. It's amazing how much we sacrifice for our kids and yet it's all worth it (especially when the trial is over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUCK! We haven't had little ones throw up like that yet...knock on wood. I'm so sorry, doesn't it just make the night seem forever long!! We had a long night here the otherday, I can't image doing it in a hotel with company. I'm so sorry! Good work for Matt though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We always love to hear from our friends and family