For those of you who have know me several years your really going to get a kick out of this. . .
I decided that I needed to pick up a part time job to help out a little. I've been looking and looking for something that I can do part time and either from home or in the evenings. I even checked out the climbing gyms. However, I had a very difficult time finding something that would pay decent. Then I found a job as a cheerleading coach. haha! That is one part of my life that I thought I would never go back to. It has been over 10 years since I cheered and I have found so many other things that I enjoy doing more. But i have really enjoyed coaching. I work two nights a week and between both night coach more than 100 girls most between 4 and 7. I think I would enjoy anything that is active and with children. I will keep you updated on how it continues to go. I take the girls to compete in May.
Matt also received another calling a few months back. He was sustained Young Mens 1st Counselor. Between this and his calling as Scout Master (that he won't be released from) he should stay very busy. These are both new callings to him and I think he is pretty excited. He is finally getting the hang of all the scout stuff so it is good time to pick up a few extra responsibilities. I know many people who are severing church position that take much more time but I'm proud of Matt for how he handles everything. He works very hard to balance all of his responsibiliteis as a husband, a father, a provider, a designer, a friend, a home teacher, a scout master and now a counselor. I grateful that he works so hard for us.
Needless to say Matt and I don't get to see much of each other during the week and we have also been working weekends but it definitely makes Sundays that much more enjoyable! Only 6 more days until we get another.
These days when "real adult" life hit, makes you almost wish for the impoverished days of being college students again. When all you have to do is go to school and then hang out with your honey the rest of the day.
ReplyDeleteVery cool about the coaching thing. I've always thought I would go back and help coach a swim team some day.
Yay for cheering again! haha. That is great! I can't believe how many girls you're coaching. Is this thru a school, or a gym? Way to go. It'll be fun! Can you take Keeley with you? That would be awesome!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Janelle