Thursday, March 26, 2009

Garden

I got ambitious this spring and decided that we needed a garden. Not just your average garden but 1000 square ft that will provide us enough vegtables for the entire family for a year (yes I have done my research). The Pope's came over one chilly morning and this is what we started.

Keeley and Chase playing in the dirt. When Keeley came in her face was covered in it. She made a few mud pies in her mouth I'm afraid. Ohh well, it beats what I fed my brother growing up. Don't you agree Sean.
The boys. Two rototillers. What more could they ask for? Maybe a cold beer, but too bad for them we don't drink!



Here is what it look like today. We will plant year round so the next round of veggies don't go in the ground until the middle of April. The same week my Mom will be visiting. I really know how to plan it to get extra help.

5 comments:

  1. Woah! Animal, Vegetable, Miracle in real life! I'm impressed and a little jealous. Please keep your blog updated on the progress. I want to know how it goes. And I'm so jealous that you have 1000 square feet to use for a garden. Wow. Enjoy your adventure. Seriously, this is so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! This year I'm also trying hydroponic gardening. We'll see how that works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is NOT a garden, its a field! Can I change my travel plans? I think I need to come out the following weekend. :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a garden and for warm weather that lets you plant!.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We always love to hear from our friends and family