Obviously this has been an interesting day in our house hold. Tonight Matt was suppose to go on a Scout Campout (which is why we switched cars earlier) and while he was gone I was going to go over to a friends house for dinner. When I left our house it was calm but it had been raining off and on all day so I stuck Keeley in a rain jacket and skipped out the door. About 3 miles from our house the rain was coming down so hard I couldn't really see out my window. But I was on a major road so I turned off to get onto a side road. I turned on the radio to see what was going on and they are talking of tornadoes. I assumed it was a tornado watch but I switched channels and I hear a tornado has been spotted on the ground only .5 mile from our house.
When I arrived at our friends house I got Keeley out of the car and by the time I got to their front door I was soaked totally through. I see on the news that the tornado cause damage within a mile of our house. It even removed a roof and dumped inthe field behind our house.
I call to Matt to see if I can convince them to come home. And I do mean convince. They still all wanted to go but a little wife persuasions and a few calls from the parents they turned around.
Three hours later I arrive back at our house which is fully in tack. I was secretly hoping that maybe the tornado would pick up all the trash in my neighbors yard and dump it a few miles from here but no luck I still get to look at his horrible pile of crap!
Everyone here says they never have tornados. But since we have lived here 3 have touched down in our little city. That is 3 more than I have experienced before. Everyone writes them off here like it isn't a big deal but I'm not to that point they still scare me.
Twice today our family has been blessed with safety not only for ourselves but also for our property. For that we are grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments! We always love to hear from our friends and family