Friday, August 19, 2011

May 30, 2011





Keeley is 3! And she isn't afraid to tell you. Since before Matt's birthday she has been telling us the order of birthdays. She'd say "First Daddy's birthday, then Brinley Birthday, then Mommy's Birthday, then KEELEY's." She went through about 10 party themes before she settled on Hello Kitty. I think she picked that mostly because she wanted the cake from Sams Club, which suited me just fine.
Brinley dug the cake and ice cream. She always knows that if you want sweets to find Papa Pope. He always has a spot on his lap.


We had a little family party with the Popes and we were lucky enough to have Grammie Roberts and Grandma Verna in town as well.
A little about Keeley:

Her name is Keeley, not Goose. Or at least that is what she tells everyone, poor girl we still call her Goose.

She is all princess, painted toes, and dresses. That is a learned trait she didn't inherit that from me.

She loves to sing and dance. She loves the pool.

Favorite time of the week is Monday night for Family night. She runs and jumps around the house when she realizes it is Family Night.

She weighs 27 pounds and I have no idea how tall she is but I do know she isn't at the 95% anymore she is somewhere around the 50%.

She is a momma's girl. When she wakes up from a nap sometimes Matt will be home but she will walk right past him and search for me to give a hug.

She always says to me "You're my best girl mom." "I love you mom." even when I'm mad at her which I know she is playing me but it melts me everytime.

She is a sasser. I can't believe she talks back like she does and we are working on it but my goodness that girl.

She can spell her name, count to 20 (but she skips 15), and tell you all the colors including chartreuse, which I have no idea what color that really is. She can't wait to start school.


I know this is a little off subject but I want it to be recorded because it was one of the scariest moments I have had as a parent, next to the time Brinley stopped breathing. We were at a friends birthday party. and there was a pool. Keeley had a floaty on but somehow she managed to take it off and jumped in without it. I saw her do it and quickly got to her. She drank a enough water that she was throwing up for some time. Matt was furious. That is how he reacts when he is scare. (Which I think is interesting because that is exactly how my Dad is when he is scared.) We had a long talk with her and explained she could die. A little while later everyone except a few kids were out of the pool because they were opening presents, cutting cake having dinner ect. Keeley was up and down from our table playing with her friends so it didn't occur even make me nervous that she was gone for a few minutes, which is really all the longer it was. But the next thing i know is I see Keeley soaking wet walking next to the pool. I don't know what happened or how she got out but one way or another she got into the pool without us knowing and went totally under. I about threw up myself when I saw her walking back. She was terrified and so was I. I just feel so blessed that she is okay. Since then we have done swim lessons to help her learn to swim. She is now much more afraid of the water but I'll deal with that fear when she can swim better.

Keeley Goose, I love you. I never want you to forget that. Your my bestest girl ever too and I feel so grateful that I've got you. Through thick and thin I'll always be here for you. Happy 3rd birthday. Love Mommy



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl KEELEY :)! ha ha ha, just a few months late. I tell you what, kids are walking miracles, that pool story is scary and I am already terrified of drowning or having one of my kids drown. Might just be because I don't know how to swim ;) -Kenz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail jumped in a pool once when she was about 4. I was there. The quick thinking owner yanked her out fast. All of our children had swim lessons about age 6. I took a few at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We always love to hear from our friends and family