Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An article for thought

While we lived in California I had the opportunity to serve as a temple patron. What that means is I went to the Temple at least once each week. It was one of the many tender mercy that I was granted after I lost my job. It helped my get through as I found peace and comfort by going and doing sessions every week. I even enjoyed the hour and half commute through traffic as I listen to church music. So, as I watched the protesters defile that sacred ground it was difficult to bear. Gail recently sent me an article about the protests from an LA police office who is also LDS. What I liked most about this article is that it mentions how we should be acting and examples from the scriptures that give us clear direction on enduring persecutions. While I don't fear for my family here in NC many friends are losing business at their work and having property damaged by people who are upset with the LDS stance on the issue of same sex marriage. If you have a minute please read this article.
LA Temple Protest

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's pretty ugly over here in Cal. I feel like I'm living the scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg. Many missionary opportunities have cropped up because of the protests. I will send you a recent article from a temple patron who shared her positive experiences while at the temple during the persecution. Oh, I don't have your e-mail. Mine is mkzeedik@sbcglobal.net Send me a note and I'll send the article back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We always love to hear from our friends and family