Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Mom and Dad came from Idaho and spent the week working their butts off on our house and spoiling all of us. We got more done in one week than we could have in 6 months alone. I'll post house pictures once I get everything finished up this week.


Thanksgiving day was a little eventful. Mom started dinner in the morning and we were about 20 minuets from putting the turkey in so she put the last of the casseroles in to finish up. It wasn't in two minuets and sparks and flames start shooting all over in the oven. Sure enough the heating coil blew! So we did the turkey on the grill and it turned out great. Fortunately Mom had baked several of the the other dishes the night before. It worked out fine but it makes for a good story. I mean seriously of all days to go it choose Thanksgiving day when all the stores all closed and you have to use it. We are still waiting on parts before we can use the oven again. Don't mind the string in the middle of the picture. Keeley jumped in the Johnny Jumper during dinner and I didn't want to disturb her. Matt with the feast.
Keeley thought Pappy's beard was pretty great!
Mom, Dad and Keeley in front of the house.
Thanks Mom and Dad! We appreciate all of your help. We can't wait to see you again in January (Dad, first thing Keeley did this morning was look to the fan to see if it was spinning!). We love you!

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I miss you already but we are starting a new countdown for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come from good stock. It was great meeting your parents. I can't wait to be invited over (cough cough) to see all the work you have been up to! Oh, and I adore the picture of Keeley rubbing your Dad's beard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megs,
    Your parents looks JUST like i remember!!! They haven't aged a day!!! Have we?!?!? I hope not!!! Keeley is getting so big...and BEAUTIFUL!!! her eyes are amazing! I am so happy you had a great tday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We always love to hear from our friends and family